I'm baaaack :) I took a one week break because I'm a millennial and one thing we know as millennials is to take breaks. The generation older than us struggle with such little luxuries like breaks and therapy. Anyhu, in the one week I've been away, I'm now an auntie of two, from one and I have a tiny little tattoo on the base of my leg. The pain level of getting the tatt was a 15/10, I'm not sure I'd recommend. Oh also, I hate my new hairstyle.
It makes me look like a Truphena or Truphosa my brother even said I look like a Petronila. The hairstyle, not the tatt. No offense to people named that. On second thought how do you have such a name? Haha yes offense. Here's what happened: I went to the salon and accidentally asked for the wrong hair color. Instead of color number 2/30, I asked for 30. Throughout the whole braiding process, I'm like something is off, but I couldn't tell exactly what cause you guys won't imagine, they made me help them gawa the braids. Goodness me. I'm definitely not going back there. So I was too busy parting the braiding hair to recognize the color is too rich on my head and struggles to blend well with my complexion. Yikes. Although I'm not one of those babes who will undo the hair if I don't like it. I'll just be a Turu (Truphosa) for the next 4 weeks at least I have a tattoo so I'm still kind of a badass? No?
Anyway, I'm writing this in the waiting room of a hospital. I've brought my pops for a cataract removal. We woke up early in order to be here early (6:30 a.m) so I'm kind of sleepy. I think we're number one on the line so that's nice, I hope by noon we'll be home. I'm thinking about how sometimes, the stars align themselves. Like being number 1 on the line is a great example if you ask me.
When the stars align themselves:
Let's say you're six girls sharing a two bedroom Airbnb. 1 California King size bed sits in each bedroom. Two of the six girls don't mind sleeping in the middle, the rest prefer to sleep on the edges. Each middle girl sleeps in each bed, the other 4 get to sleep on the edges. Because of that, the friendship lasts forever hehe.
You're about to be late for a 2pm meeting/ date. You're not too sure whether it's a date or a casual meeting, but you kind of have a crush on the guy. You take a boda and arrive four minutes late. He's cool with it. You guys have a good time. You know it was a date when at the end, he gives you a peck on the cheek. Your crush likes you back.
You don't book an appointment for the salon. When you get there, the hair dresser/ nails lady/ waxing lady doesn't have a client so it's immediately your turn. 10 minutes later, another client who'd booked an appointment 30 mins prior your walk-in walks in (meaning they're 40 mins late) luckily it's them that have to wait and not you.
You're on dinner duty but left the house early thinking you'd return in time for din dins, but you met your friends and the meet up turns into a fire sherehe. Just as you're thinking of leaving to go make Ugali for your (Luhya) Dad, he texts "Don't include me for supper, I'm having dinner with......" in response you text him "aah okay sawasawa. I'll be spending the night at Kinesh's, will be back home kesho.
You give yourself four hours to bake, cool and decorate two cakes. 1, there's electricity throughout and 2. they're both ready at the 4th hour.
You're at a restaurant waiting for your small brother to come join you. He tells you it will be 30 minutes, so you wait as you write. 30 minutes later, he tells you it will be another 20 minutes sijui he has to add a watermark on his report. Corporate things. In this restaurant, a person you knew in highschool sees you and comes to your table. You tell him you're waiting for your brother, he decides to join you, as he was just leaving but can keep you company. You don't have any small talk in you, you just want to turn into a cabbage so that he can stop talking. As you're thinking of an excuse, your brother joins you, Mr yappa yappa got to go. Yaay.
You borrow "someone's" car and you return it with no incidences despite crazy boda and matatu people. Oh, also, you don't get lost driving round Nairobi and its environs.
You're out of body spray and as you're just thinking of getting another one, a friend's brother, who's now your brother.ish, comes from a Dubai trip with body spray for all his sisters.ish.
When you're playing Kenya at 50 and your teammate shouts "augmentin" instead of "antibiotics" as the answer to "the medicine you take when you have a bacterial infection", but somehow, your team still ends up winning.
You meet a friend in Uni, and you and her become close, then also get close with her brothers, they almost adopt you into their family. You share so many memories, the friendship lasts forever.
You become an auntie of two sweet boys.
You're in traffic, hungry as a ....... then those crisps people happen to pass. Immediately you pay for them, traffic is open.
Those are the moments I could think of for now. Like I mentioned, I'm a bit sleepy so let me see if I can catch a snooze on these hospital chairs, the kind for gawaing shambas. For some reason, this is usually embarrassing but I'm a Truphosa anyway so it doesn't really matter.
Ehee, for you, what are some instances when your stars have aligned themselves?
When i get to my Kebab pusher and he recognises me from a crowd, and gets my order before everyone else.... It had to be FOOD..🤣
ReplyDelete🤣🤣🤣🤣 this is so funny. Shourourt to your kebab guy
DeleteLove this
ReplyDeleteThank you 😊
DeleteCongrats on your tat😍 it’s painful right?😭 for me is when I leave home for work, knowing well I’m very late but still make it on time. 😅
ReplyDeleteThank you 😊 heh yeah it's so painful 😭 haha leaving at 8:05 am hoping to make it by 8:00 am
ReplyDeleteWhen I’m warming something in the microwave and rush to the loo to pee and come back just in time, at that last second before the microwave starts screaming. Alignment!
ReplyDeleteHahahaha relatable
Delete