Thursday, October 26, 2023

We stan a networking King

There's a random plant growing in our 'garden'. It's a tomato plant πŸ… At first, I thought it was a passion fruit plant cause of the shape of the first fruit when it was green.. Then instead of turning purple, it turned red, I was like oh, is this tomato plant. (I really like passion juice, and have only had tomato juice once in my entire life) This has just reminded me of when we were kids an old would wish that our house could have all sorts of things or our garden could grow all sorts of things. Like there was a time my small brother said he wished the taps would expel yogurt instead of water. Haha as in?  Anywayz....



I googled the kind of tomato variety it was and discovered that it's a Roma tomato plant. 


Why I say it's random is cause it's the by-product of my dad trying to plant grass and that project backfiring a good one. (Hence why it's not yet a garden) For some reason, I'm now invested in that tomato plant. I water it almost daily. 


When the met department said that we were going to experience an el-nino, I felt a little sad because I doubted that the tomatoes were going to survive. Then it rained but it wasn't too crazy and there were more tomatoes and they turned redder quicker. (Four in total) 



Then I dreamt about how I'm going to be a big time tomato farmer. That I'll start by selling them to my girl. Then sell to the shops around, then to zucchini and beyond fruits and them. Then I'll  go around the country giving talks on how to grow and nurture Roma tomatoes and be a billionaire. Then go for dinner with JayZ....cause 2 billionaires hehe. Anyway I woke up...  As of today, they're 15 tomatoes on the vine and I'm proud of them. I'm happy to see them grow.



Since we're on the topic of events that took place around home, I got a discount on sending a parcel the other day courtesy of Steve. Here's the thing about the area where I live, I can never be incognito by virtue of me being Steve's sister. Cause Steve talks to almost everyone in the area and tells them about all his family members. A lot of times, I could walk into a shop or just walk on the road and people will go like "Sasa sister Steve" so I just smile and say hi back. Which means for me to be in my mysterious girl era, I need to leave that area in its entirety. 



So I had this boda guy's number and called him so that he could have a parcel delivered to Eastleigh. I gave him directions to my place and when he got there, why lie, you could've thought. he'd met JayZ hehe. He was so happy. He said "aaaaaaaah sister Steve!!!! Sasa!" so I tried to match his energy but couldn't because I wasn't ready haha. I said "aah poa sana". Then he told me how Steve is his good friend etc.... I proceeded to give him details of where he could have the parcel delivered and asked one of the most asked questions in our capitalistic Nairobi. "Itakuwa how much?" Our guy Simon almost collapsed. He said "Weh ni sister Steve!! Siwezi kulipisha. Weh tu ndio utadecide, mimi siwezi kataa" haha. So I stated a price, he was cool with it. In fact, he was super thankful. That was. a cool interaction, or made my evening that day. I told Steve about it later.


"Your friend Simon said hi'


"Simon mgani? Wa Uber"


"I think so, but Uber ya boda, cause alikuja na boda" 


"Oooh Simon mluya wa Ingotse" 


Haha turns out we're from the same shagz and they're good friends..  


Which reminds me of another day we got free pizza in Kericho. That says a lot especially cause our last name isn't Kiprop hehe...

Steve, my big bro Sam and I are on our way to Nairobi from shagz. That day, we decide to use the Kericho route for the views etc. So we make a stop in Kericho at some mall and go to eat at some restaurant. Immediately we get in, Steve jolts out of our table and goes away. Then he comes back with a guy in his hand and they're both very enthusiastic. Steve's like "this is my brother Sammy and my sister Elizabeth" the guys introduces himself and the whole time he's just like "Steve!!!!! So nice to see you here" So he tells us him and Steve are drinking buddies, and how this is the last place he thought he'd ever see Steve...in a pleasantly surprised way. Steve is also so happy that he's seen a guy from the hood in Kericho. This guy insists he'll buy us whatever we want, plus we have to try the pizza from there, even though we'll carry it as take-out. 


He tells Sam his life story, how he works for gava and all and if we ever need connections, he's the guy to call. He said that if Steve were to ever get married, he'd ensure Steve has police escort and an entourage etc haha. This guy was Steve's guy for real..... It was such a nice interaction, I was so happy for the pizza... and of course to know that there are people who value Steve's friendship. 


This just gets me thinking how he's actually a networking king. We can only stan. Maybe I should make a Jino Tamu tee and have him go places with it, then that's when I'll become a billionaire. No? :) Also, if you want a gava tender, just talk to Steve hehe.





8 comments:

  1. Haha kumbe you’re like my girl’s neighbour who sings for her plants! Haha Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May we all be like Steve! Loved it! Worth the wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. πŸ‘πŸΎ Steve is so inspiring! yes to having him walking around with your branded tee…& congratulations to you (and your dad hehe) for the 15 tomatoes…You billionaire 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha he really talks to everybody.
      You'll be the first tomatoe client πŸ€—

      Delete
  4. πŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏ Loved it!πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also used to wish that taps flowed with yogurt and sausages πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete