The last time I published a story here, I had still not yet been engulfed by the tender and loving arms of TikTok... I could still function like a 'normal' human being and go on about my daily responsibilities. Before I opened an account, I used to hear people talk about how addictive it was, but I thought I knew myself to not having an addictive personality.
Boy was I wrong...
It's now been almost two years. Every so often as I scroll away, I miss the outside world and think about it, but I remember the outside world isn't as well curated as my fyp.
Hi, my name is Liz and I'm a TikTok addict. And I'm not here to seek saving. If anything, I'm here to look for more recruits. Like the person in the rehab who sneaks in the alcohol, weed and/or cigarettes.
On days like today when I'm able to take a small break and think about all the things I need to attend to, first thing that comes to mind is the car that's been in the parking for almost three years...
Guys.... I'm bringing Honda back...
Sounds like the title of a scary movie...
For further context, I once wrote about it here
https://lizlitali.blogspot.com/2023/05/visa-na-visanga-hond-civic-1999.html
A little back story; Honda is a car that was so lovingly passed on over to me by my mother dearest, but it had the worst of problems and it damn near turned me into a mechanic. I knew too many car-related problem words Sijui bush ends, tie end rods, radiator or is it carburetor, engine oil etc. WHY would a girl at the tender age of late twenties know such words? Isn't that crazy? To top it off, my exhaust pipe would fall off in the middle of the highway.... Jesu Kristu! Then the occasional mechanics asking me "tutaenda kamnyweso lini?" I did that for 3 years and GAVE UP!!! Best decision I made. I saw the world differently. I was less angry and could spend my money elsewhere. I couldn't care less for it. If it wanted to, it could reverse back into the neighbors, then into the streets and into the back side of those break-down trucks... Because it had a mind of its own, whatever it wanted to do DID NOT CONCERN ME ANYMORE.
How did I move about? Ubers (bodas & cars), when they're not asking "uko wapi exactly" and "tunaenda wapi?" and "imeleta how much?" have made transportation easier* and sometimes more convenient. But, there's also the downside to it... A stinky Uber, a dirty Uber/ a very small Uber, not being able to make a few stops here and there. That has been getting to me...
So in the beginning of the year, I bought new tyres, ready to try again with Miss Honda, only to realize MY BATTERY WAS STOLEN! (After some investigation, because we didn't watch James Bond for nothing, one watchie said that it was the other watchie who stole it. And when we asked the other watchie why he stole it, he denied, denied, denied) I thought you know what? Never mind... It's like when you have an ex then after a long time you decide to get back together because you think you're now very different mature people and on the first day of you guys meeting, you fall back into the same sort of like misunderstanding and it's just like err, ama wacha tu! Yeah that was me and Honda.
Lately, I've been asking for it to get cleaned and it's like I miss it? I can't believe it. So the first step is getting it a battery. Then a wnd screen, then a side mirror then sijui engine oil stick then ..then.... then... Just pray for me guys... And also, buy my cakes. Surely third time should be the charm right?
In the meantime, let me go to TikTok to find out how to mentally and emotionally handle bringing back a 1999 Honda Civic... And in the words of Pardison Fontaine "in a Honda right now but I can see you in that foreign skrr skrr"
Adios my people...
Also, Thank you Sarah for reminding me why I write ❤️
This was a brilliant read! Love the humour. All the best with Honda…glad it’s coming back💃🏾
ReplyDeleteThank youu 😊😊
DeleteYaaay! Welcome back 🤗 you write so well, thank you for gracing us with your thoughts and the laughs.
ReplyDeleteAlso, tell Ms Honda you are an egg 😂
Aww thank you 😊😊 come and tell it for me please 😅
DeleteVery entertaining 😊👏
ReplyDeleteThank you 😊😊
DeleteThis is nice
ReplyDeleteThank you 😊😊
DeleteLol every AI generated Reddit post always features a Mrs. Chen, a Officer Rodrigues, First Officer Martinez and an old beaten up Honda Civic 😂😂😂😂😂😂 ....... we'll be watching you 👀 (C.M.N.)
ReplyDelete😂😂😂 if you see me in a black suit eating a donut, mind your business 😅. Who's CMN? 😊
Delete😂😂 Wueh! Mechanic sio!
ReplyDeleteYou're terring me . James the mechanic 😅
Delete